E-bike and Traditional Food Tour
- Ride on the back of a sleek and stylish electric bicycle, granting you superpowers for the day
- Cruise alongside the breathtaking Atlantic coastline, taking in stunning views of the ocean, Table Mountain and Lions Head.
- Cycle through the vibrantly coloured Bo-Kaap Cape Malay Quarters.
- Sample South Africa’s eclectic mix of cuisine as you taste traditional Cape Malay and Afrikaans concoctions as well as other delicious South African-made, mouth-watering foods.
- Make your way through the trendiest streets in Cape Town getting a taste of the Capetonian lifestyle.
- Immerse yourself in an African market and pick out a few souvenirs.
- Visit the very acclaimed Waterfront and take in its beauty and atmosphere.
- Learn cool and interesting facts about Cape Town and its culture as well as a bit of history.
- End the day feeling like an accomplished Capetonian.
Starting alongside the stunning Atlantic ocean, on the Seapoint promenade, your ebikes are fully charged and ready to go for a ride. Pedal your way along the picturesque coastline, absorbing the sights and sounds of the crashing waves and children playing in the distance. Leaving the ocean behind you, you will make your way, without breaking a sweat, to Bo-Kaap: the Cape Malay Quarters. You will get the chance to meet and hear the stories told by local inhabitants of this vibrantly colorful sector of the city. Besides learning a little about Bo-Kaap’s history, you will also get to sample some of the delicious traditional Cape Malay cuisine such as Samosas and Koeksisters from a lovely local merchant. From there, you will hop back onto your e-bike and head down to the hot and happening Cape Town City Bowl. Your first stop will be the upcoming and trendy Bree street where you will be able to sample some amazing South African-made cheese. As we make our way along hip Bree street, you will feel the traditional Afrikaans influence as we continue on sampling the finest biltong in town and other goods such as craft beer and fermented Rooibos tea. After getting a glimpse into the Cape Town vibe, get ready for some more as we continue cycling down on our e-bikes towards the atmospheric and busy Greenmarket square, the first market of South Africa, where cultures blend and meet. Leaving this place with maybe one or two souvenirs in your bag, you will then cycle through the stunning and idyllic Company Gardens and learn a bit about its rich history. You will then be led to one of the world’s best coffee shops, displaying the most unique decor, and have the chance to indulge in a delicious Cuppa Jo. Saving one of the most beautiful stops for last, you will fly through the city and let your e-bike take you all the way to and through the classy V&A Waterfront, an experience on its own.
This is a private tour and our guide remains very flexible on the day and takes into account any of your specific needs or desires when deciding the final route. Do not hesitate to speak to your guide about changing certain specifics of the tours or adding anything you might desperately want to do or see. Ts and Cs may apply.
- An electric bicycle fitted to your size and all the necessary equipment including helmet, reserve battery and puncture kit
- Various traditional South African treats
- A minimum of 3 tasting stops
- Bottled water
- Flexible, knowledgeable and enthusiastic tour guide
- Private tour
NOTE: Drinks and souvenirs on your account.